Har-Tru is consistent, timeless, and intimately acquainted with some of the greatest moments in the history of the game. Made from billion year old, Pre-Cambrian metabasalt found in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, Har-Tru is a natural green stone which is extremely hard and angular. Two very important qualities when it comes to a clay tennis court surface.
Har-Tru has developed the HydroCourt, the only self-regulating system that is totally adjustable to player preference. Owners around the world agree that HydroCourt is the investment of choice that quickly pays for itself. The expense of maintenance down-time is reduced substantially, increasing available court time without interruption.
HydroCourts are constructed with six individually controlled cells.
- Each cell is monitored by a separate water filled control box. Water enters the control box and flows through pipes to cells lined with a chemical resistant 20 mm thick hyperlastic container.
- As the water level in the control box rises, the water level under the court also rises. You control the amount of moisture in the court surface by adjusting the water level in the control box up or down... it's that simple!
- Over-watered and under-watered areas are common problems with conventional watering systems. The HydroCourt system provides better coverage on the surface by dispensing more evenly underneath the court.
- Because this process is automatic, there is no loss of playing time for afternoon brushing and watering. The court plays the same during the afternoon as it does in the morning, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of more consistent play.
- Choosing the HydroCourt system means there is no sprinkler system to maintain. The self-regulating system of the HydroCourt provides a constant level of moisture which keeps the surface firm and substantially reduces the amount of brushing and rolling needed to properly maintain the court.
- The above-ground watering systems of conventional clay courts can waste water through malfunction, run-off and evaporation during the water cycle. HydroCourts supply only the amount of water necessary to keep the surface sufficiently damp. The result is a 60% savings in water usage.