Plexipave is an internationally established all-weather, extremely durable, quick drying coloured tennis surface that provides superior resistance to deterioration from ultra-violet rays. With an unrivalled reputation for quality and durability, Plexicushion was chosen as the surface of the Australian Open in 2008.
The reputation of Plexipave has been built by manufacturing high quality tennis court surfaces for all project types, from prestigious tournament tennis surfaces to a private residence tennis court surface. Since the mid-1980's we've installed in many of the indoor centres in the UK including L.T.A. International High Performance Centres and High Performance Centres.
Plexipave tennis court surfacing products are known for their consistent speed of play, true ball bounce, durability, low maintenance, vibrant long lasting colors, and overall customer value. Made up of innovative materials and installed according to rigid application specifications, each layer in the system serves a specific purpose and contributes to the quality of the finished court.
- Highly pigmented finishes allow speed of play specification.
- Multiple acrylic layers provide a firm, uniform and durable surface.
- Available in a variety of popular colour schemes.
- Custom colours are available to meet individual needs.
- Textured line paint ensures uniform ball bounce.
- The Systems can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Additional Plexipave products are used for patching, leveling and etching base surfaces.
- Plexicushion is an enhancement that provides dynamic response to body impact, attenuates foot and leg shock, and reduces fatigue.
The Plexipave system is formulated to meet the requirements of players at any level. There are three options to choose from offering varying degrees of speed and playability. All are rated by the governing body of the game, the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
- Plexipave IW – ITF Category 1 – Pace: Slow. For those who desire a much slower surface, that is particularly useful for coaching & training, or simply to change the pace of the game, Plexipave has developed the I.W. mixture, first used at the Indian Wells tournament facility in California.
- Plexipave Standard – ITF Category 3 – Pace: Medium. Considered by many to be the best combination of consistency-of-play, pace and footing. Plexipave Standard is the traditional and most widely used tennis court surface system. Standard Plexipave provides a consistent and reliable medium-pace playing surface.
- Plexipave H.U. – ITF Category 4 – Pace: Medium-Fast. Harvard University has been the birthplace of many great innovations and playing traditions. Plexipave H.U. is no exception. It has also been adapted as the standard for the Australian Open Series.
Plexipave is the choice of tournament installations around the world.